Anyone Can Learn to Paint Watercolor!
Your Success Begins with the Foundational Skills and Techniques
Ready to explore an amazingly satisfying activity?
After helping over 1,000 students of all ages discover the joys of watercolor painting, I’ve seen that anyone, regardless of background or “natural artistic talent,” can learn to paint. The secret to success is to start with the fundamentals. By acquiring these skills and techniques right from the beginning you’ll be able to navigate watercolor’s challenges and make painting truly fun and rewarding for you.
Imagine how good you’ll feel when you hang your first creation on a wall—whether for the world to see or just for you. There is tremendous satisfaction in creating something. Painting can generate self-confidence, a sense of well-being and achievement, and a new awareness of your own unique gifts.
Whether you’re a beginner or simply want to improve your skills, you are in the perfect place. These online courses can get you from “I wish I could paint” to “I love painting!”
Take the full 8-hour course or just a subset of it
Essentials for Beginning Watercolor is a complete 20-video course for new beginners that is also available in three parts or individual lessons for those who are at a different learning stage. Take the full course to learn how to:
- Choose the right materials
- Make a color wheel
- Understand the difference between opaque, transparent and staining pigments
- Control water
- Apply watercolor in a variety of ways
- Handle four types of edges
- Create 12 types of textures
- Do abstract painting
- Paint specific subject matter, such as fruit, skies, water, trees and rocks
- Put it all together (I’ll walk you through creating three paintings)
- And more
As you work through the course, you’ll gradually begin to uncover your own unique style and preferences. By the time you finish you’ll feel confident enough to start your own paintings!
How does this course work?
- You decide how much of the course you need. The full 3-part course includes 19 professionally-produced videos and 7 hours of instruction. You can also choose to just purchase Part 1, 2 or 3 of the course, or individual lessons from within the course. The choice is yours.
- You set the pace. You can work through the lessons as quickly or slowly as you want. You can stop and start each video as much as you like. And you will have two full years to access each video as many times as you wish.
- You get step-by-step instruction. Each skill and technique is fully explained and demonstrated. You’ll get coaching tips to help you be successful, and advice on what to avoid when painting. Plus, the videos show my palette as well as what I’m working on, so you’ll be able to watch me mix the colors as I explain the process.
- You can download all the reference material. In addition to the videos, each part of the course also includes written instruction.
This course is for you
If you’re the type of person who wants to learn skills and fundamentals, this course is for you.
If you like step-by-step instructions and clear explanations and want to be equipped with a set of watercolor painting “tools,” you will love this course.
If you like knowing that I’ll have your back and be here to support you along the way, this is the course you’ve been looking for. You are not on this journey alone. I’m here for you!
Jayne Spencer is a gifted teacher. Her classes are fun, relaxing, enjoyable and highly educational. Jayne is a talented artist willing to share her love of painting with all who are interested. My husband and I were looking for a watercolor class to take when we found Jayne’s classes. I was a beginner painter and my husband had some experience. We both have loved Jayne’s classes. Jayne’s lessons and demonstrations are always clear, easy to follow and inspiring. She is capable of providing positive and honest feedback on all our work. We have both made amazing progress under her guidance. We each have created paintings that we have been proud enough to frame! Thank you Jayne for all that you have taught us.
Andrea and Sal Bruno
“I didn’t know the first thing about watercolor painting and Jayne helped me go from the basics to an accomplished artist. She taught me so much! Each step along the way she was patient, informative, easy to understand, and fun! I love her style of teaching and her playful perspective. I would highly recommend her classes.”